Benefits of Activity vs Risks of Inactivity
What are the Benefits of Being Active?
The following are benefits you will receive from incorporating even a minimal level of activity into your daily routine.
- Better overall health
- Improved fitness
- Improved posture and balance
- Improved self esteem
- Weight control
- Stronger muscles and bones
- Increased levels of energy
- Relaxation and reduced stress
- Continued independent living in later life
What are the Health Risks of Inactivity?
- Premature death
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Adult on set diabetes
- Colon Cancer
Source – Canada’s Physical Activity Guide