It is recommended that you consult with a medical professional prior to beginning any fitness program, particularly if you answer yes to one or more of the following questions;
- Has your doctor every said that you have a heart condition?
- Do you feel pain in your chest or on your left side (neck, shoulder, or arm) when you exercise?
- In the past month, have you had chest pains when you were not exercising?
- Has your doctor told you that you have high blood pressure?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing medications for blood pressure or a heart condition?
- Do you often feel faint or have dizzy spells?
- Do you feel extremely breathless after mild activity?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Do you have a health condition not listed here that may interfere with an exercise program?